To prevent the computer from playing an Audio Crackling or firework noise please perform the following:
How to prevent 3rd-party software from taking control of the audio device
If you have a computer with audio issues--such as the sound not working or working intermittently--and you've updated the audio drivers, the next step would be to make sure 3rd-party software isn't taking control of the audio device. Sometimes, 3rd-party software or background apps within the operating system can take control of the audio device. When this happens, these apps or 3rd-party software may make changes to the audio--such as muting or lowering the volume--without you being aware.
Follow the steps below to disable applications from taking control of the audio device to determine if this is causing your audio issues:
- Right-click the Sound Icon in the bottom right of task bar.
- Click Playback or Audio Devices.
- Right-click the speaker icon that appears in the settings screen.
- Click Properties from the pop-up menu.
- Click the Advanced tab on the Speakers Properties screen.
- Uncheck the boxes for Allow applications to take exclusive control and Give exclusive mode applications priority in the Advanced Properties screen
Please sign in to leave a comment.